The perfect pairing - chocolate and caramel!
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Cajeta or Dulce de Leche
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray and line a 9x9 baking tin with parchment.
- In a pot over medium heat, combine the butter, sugar, cocoa powder and salt and mix for 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and eggs and combine. Stir in the flour and chocolate chips and set aside.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes, add the caramel sauce on top of the cooked brownie portion and then add the remaining brownie batter on top of the caramel. Using a knife, swirl the top 2 layers together.
- Place the baking dish back into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, and let it cool to room temperature before transferring it into the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving