Caramel Lava Cakes
Just as sexy as chocolate spilling out of a lava cake, this molten caramel brings a whole new flavor profile to the delicious dessert.
Serves: 8 miniature cakes
- 1/4 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup caramel, slightly warm
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ⅛ salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup Flour
- Preheat oven to 425F. Butter and flour 8 ramekins and transfer to a baking sheet
- Whisk together caramel and melted butter, set aside. Sift salt, cinnamon and flour and set aside
- Whip eggs, yolks and sugar until doubled in volume and can hold a ribbon of mixture without disappearing quickly.
- Add caramel and butter and whip until combined. Slowly add dry ingredients and vanilla and whisk to combine
- Divide batter among the ramekins almost to the top. Leave about 1 cm from the top
- Bake cakes until golden brown but still jiggle in the middle, about 12-14 minutes
- Run a knife along the edge of the ramekin to loosen and invert onto plate.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream or enjoy as is