Caramel Budino with Sea Salt Caramel Sauce
This is such a simple decadent dessert. Make it in mason jars to keep in the fridge for a special treat the next day.
- Caramel Budino:
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Corn Starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- About 1 cup chilled Sea Salt Caramel Sauce
- 8 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Blend sugar, corn starch and salt in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Beat egg yolks in a bowl; add milk and mix well. Gradually stir into sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Pour into bowl; refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Place cookie crumbs in bottom of 6 mason jars or dessert bowls. Layer pudding and Sea Salt Caramel Sauce. Top with whipped cream and a drizzle of Sea Salt Caramel Sauce. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.